FRONTIER, funded by the Health Effects Institute (HEI) aims to provide a robust and comprehensive evaluation of the impact of maternal exposure to traffic-related air pollution on fetal growth. Towards this aim, it will:
- disentangle the effects of noise;
- identify the relevant window(s) of exposure;
- evaluate its modification by socioeconomic status, stress, and physical activity;
- elucidate the role of placental function as an underlying mechanism; and
- explore the potential of green spaces to mitigate it.
See more about the project on the ISGlobal website: