When a researcher of BiSC, is also a volunteer!
First of all, Marta, we appreciate your participation in the BISC project both as a research gynecologist at the Hospital San Joan de Déu and as a volunteer.
1. To start, could you tell us something about yourself? (What have you studied, where were you born and how would you define yourself?)
I have studied Medicine in Madrid where I was born and I moved to Barcelona to do my residency in Gynecology. Fate wanted me to do a residency at HSJD, where my interest in research was born. I was lucky that I was offered the opportunity to collaborate with the BISC project. I consider myself a hard-working, motivated, and curious person and that is why I love to research.
2. Why did you decide to participate as a volunteer in the project?
To be able to contribute my grain of sand to science, not only as a doctor but also as a patient.
3. Could you define your experience as a collaborator of the BiSC project with a phrase?
In a word, it an enriching experience, which has allowed me to know from the inside also the practical part of such an ambitious and demanding research study.
4. Do you have any comments about the study?
The good attitude, education, and predisposition of the workers involved.
5. Would you recommend other pregnant women to participate?
Yes of course!
News written by Giulia Casu, gynecologist, Hospital San Joan de Déu.